Position Filled - 15th November 2021
Part-time/school hours, permanent (office based) working Monday to Friday.
This position is for someone with good general administration, computer, and secretarial skills (ideally to include audio typing).
Competitive salary/package to reflect ability and experience.
If interested, please forward your CV and confirmation of the working hours that suit to email@example.com
Position Filled - 1st March 2022
Full-time, permanent (office based) - a fantastic opportunity to join a local independent financial planning firm, based in Kingâ€™s Lynn.
As Chartered Financial Planners, we provide tailored solutions to new and existing clients, across a broad range of advice areas. Our advisers are supported by our paraplanning and admin team. With an excellent local reputation, we work closely with many other professionals (accountants and solicitors).
This role suits someone who is CII Level 4 Financial Planning Diploma qualified (or working toward). The successful candidate will have some experience in financial services and is keen to join an established firm.
As part of a small professional team delivering a high quality of service, main tasks will involve supporting the firmâ€™s financial planners with risk profiling, plan/fund research, suitability/review report writing with some client interaction.
Competitive remuneration package to suit qualifications and experience.
If interested, please forward your CV with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy: Trainee Financial Planner â€“ leading to becoming a Chartered Financial Planner
Position Filled - 21st June 2021
Mapus Financial Planning Ltd wishes to recruit a Trainee Financial Planner â€“ leading to becoming a Chartered Financial Planner. This is a genuine opportunity to establish and develop a rewarding, interesting and potentially lifelong career with a well-respected local firm. Professional financial planning is about helping clients to identify their long term financial needs and goals and then recommending the most suitable strategy to meet these and ensuring this is then regularly reviewed. We have many clients that we have advised for very many years.
At the earliest opportunity you would start in an office administration role to gain valuable and essential business process knowledge and experience. With appropriate study, qualification success and ongoing development you would then move in to a more technical â€˜paraplanningâ€™ role. With further study, and skills development you would then become a Financial Planning Adviser, in due course with formal Chartered status - typically it takes about 10 years to reach this level, (the minimum permitted is 5 years).
What do you need?
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A-levels in any subject plus GCSE Maths and English (grade 5 and above)
- Ability to use a computer, ideally with some Excel knowledge
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn in the day to day role coupled with a discipline to study
- An inquiring mind and keen to help others
- Wanting to pursue a professional career
Summary of planned development
- Learning and understanding business/client administration and processes, for all staff roles.
- This includes time spent working in and gaining all required skills and knowledge of:
- Financial services administration
- Financial planning advice
- A suitable structured (and funded) study programme leading to Professional Qualifications with the Personal Finance Society ( www.thepfs.org ) including the following:
- Award in Life & Pensions Foundations
- Award in Financial Administration
- Certificate in Financial Services
- Certificate in Regulated Financial Services Operations
- Certificate in Paraplanning
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (Level 4)
- Certificate in Pension Transfer Advice
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning (Level 6 â€“ Degree equivalent)
- This is a progressive training programme and all prior learning counts towards subsequent qualifications â€“ leading to being:
- Chartered Financial Planner (having also gained a minimum 5 yearsâ€™ experience)
Alongside formal and on the job training there will be support and coaching to develop other technical knowledge and required relevant skills to deliver personal financial planning solutions confidently and effectively to clients.
If this position is of interest please send us a copy of your CV, with details of your exam qualifications (or those expected) and a summary in your own words (250 words or less) of why you are interested in this role.
Please email this, titled â€˜Trainee Financial Plannerâ€™ to MFP@mapus.co.uk or post it to us at Mapus Financial Planning Ltd (TFP), Listergate House, 80 Chapel Street, Kings Lynn. PE30 1EF.